I work really hard. Sometimes it's ok to spend a little money. I bought these lovely friends as a housewarming gift for myself and the new apartment. Don't worry, they were on sale.
Geese measuring cups (Anthropologie $3.79)
Because I always find myself needing more party dresses.
Silk dress (Zara $19.99)
I fell in love with the inscription in this little journal.
"In this moment, am I writing to remember, or to forget"
Anthropolgie $7.95
Another Day Cloudy Memory: The First Entry
"Sometimes when I write things down, it's like a freedom, a release. I can think something that I hate, something that makes me sad or scared. It can plague my mind, not giving me a chance for rationality, for real life. But then I write it down and it's there, in words, staring back at me. I acknowledge it's existence, I take a deep breath, and I move on. Sometimes I write to forget."
"Writing to remember can be harder. It usually involves a state of panic. Panic that I wont be able to get it all down exactly as it happened. Panic that this strange, exhilarating, perfect moment will be lost forever if I can't find a way to contain it in these pages. Sometimes I write to remember because I know, in the very pit of my stomach, that for whatever reason, I'm losing myself. To write to remember, to fully recognize who I am. It's all connected. "
"I'm often confused about what to remember and what to forget, but I've known for a long time why I need to write. I've filled a lot of pages with these reasons why. I have book upon book filled, and half-filled with these memories and regrets. Every time I rediscover these books I learn something new, but I also re-learn something I've always known. I can be in a good place, I can be happy, excited and proud and writing it out just makes it that much better, that much more rewarding. However, I can also be a mess. I can be a reckless, emotional disaster and it's ok."
"But, it's only ok if I write it down."
"But, it's only ok if I write it down."
Peace,
Helen

This is beautiful, I miss my own writing.... i love you!
ReplyDelete